Escaping to an island for a few days or more is all about leaving the world behind, changing perspective, resting, and reconnecting with one’s inner self. Mango Bay Resort offers a secluded destination with only 44 bungalows in 10 hectares.
A long standing institution in Phu Quoc located near Ong Lang beach, Mango Bay is an unusually low density resort spread along one kilometer of beach and amid 10 hectares of largely endemic forest and gardens.
Serving delicious Vietnamese and International foods in both their main restaurant and beach bar at one end of the resort, even if you are not staying here this is a great place to visit, take in the sea views and enjoy some great food.
The fabulous shrimp and other fish are caught fresh every day, and our squid is arguably the finest on the planet.
To make the most of these wonderful ingredients, Mango Bay has developed its own style of fusion cuisine; a finely balanced mixture of Eastern and Western food styles with Vietnamese as the main underlying theme.
Mango Bay has devoted half a hectare of garden to the kitchen and in it we grow seasonal Vietnamese herbs and vegetables, from Giant Elephant’s Ear for soups to bitter melons with basket loads of fragrant leaves in between
At Mango Bay we have a long term view as a sustainable resort, seeing ourselves as custodians of the tropical idyll we have found on Phu Quoc.
1. Energy conservation
2. Water conservation
3. Recycling and waste
4. Land and nature conservation
• Natural air circulation and fans – no air conditioning
• No TV on property or telephone in bungalows
• Use of natural light during the day
• Minimum use of fuel powered vehicles, machines and equipment
• Hot water heated through solar power
• Energy efficient appliances
• Low wattage light bulbs
• Change of linen only upon request
• Switch off lights when not used
• Use of polystyrene boxes for refrigeration purposes in our bars, kitchen and eco-friendly minibar in bungalows